1. How long have you been a massage therapist?
I just hit the 10 year mark this past October.
2. When did you open your current location?
Continuum Wellness will be 9 years old this coming January 1st, 2016.
3. What services do you offer?
We provide a wide range of services, including massage therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, individual and family therapy, fitness classes including yoga, TRX suspension training, and pilates, meditation, and reflexology.
4. Can you give us some quick tips on how to be healthy?
Many of the complaints I see in my practice often stem from chronic dehydration, poor posture, stress, lack of sleep and exercise, and inconsistent eating patterns. And often, many of those issues are due to bad habits that have been unconsciously created to help us cope with life challenges. We often neglect our mental health, which can lead to physical health issues. So a few simple tips would be:
- Start with a self awareness analysis to see if incorporating mindfulness and meditation practices into your daily life will help create more awareness around posture, sleep, stress and eating. Need more help with this? Connect with a therapist who has training in mindfulness, resilience and empathy therapies, CBT, or meditation practices.
- Many of my clients have found great benefit in incorporating yoga, massage therapy treatments, epsom salt baths and different forms of exercise into their regular routine to help combat stress and pain.
- And the easiest thing would be to breath deeply, get to bed at a decent and consistent hour, and increase your water intake through either herbal tea or keeping a water bottle with you throughout the day.
5. What are your business hours and what is the best way to get in touch?
We are open 7 days a week offering appointments till 8pm from Monday to Saturday and till 6pm on Sundays. We offer online booking for the majority of our services and classes available 24/7 through our website at www.continuumwellness.ca, or you can call 416-913-3080.